The privacy and protection of your personal data is very important to us when we collect, process and use such data upon your visit to our website. Your data is protected in accordance with legal regulations. Below you will find information on what data is recorded during your visit to our website and how it is used:
Information about the collection of personal data
(1) Below, we provide information on the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data that are personally referable to you, such as name, address, email addresses, user behaviour and IP address.
(2) The controller according to Art. 4 (7) EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
Am Stadion 4
You can contact our data protection officer at:
Höveler Weg 2
(3) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes. We also specify the defined criteria for the storage period.
General information on data processing
(1) We collect and utilize our users' personal data only insofar as this is necessary for provision of an operational site and of our content and services. Collection and utilization of our users' personal data is only undertaken periodically with the user's consent. An exception applies in those cases where prior consent cannot be obtained for legal or circumstantial reasons and the processing of the data is permitted by law.´
(2) Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject for processing personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO serves as the legal basis. In the processing of personal data required for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO serves as the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations which are required to carry out pre-contract measures. Insofar as the processing of personal data is required to fulfil a legal obligation to which our company is subject, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c DSGVO serves as the legal basis. In the event that vital interests of the data subject or another natural person require the processing of personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. d DSGVO applies as the legal basis. If processing is necessary to safeguard a legitimate interest of our company or a third party and if the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not outweigh the first-mentioned interest, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO serves as the legal basis for processing.
(3) The personal data of a data subject will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of storage ceases to exist. Furthermore, data may be stored if this has been provided by the European or national legislation in EU regulations, laws or other provisions to which the data controller is subject. Blocking or erasing of data will also be carried out if a storage period prescribed by the above-mentioned standards expires, unless further data storage is necessary for concluding or performing a contract.
(4) Furthermore, we may disclose your personal data to third parties if we offer promotions, competitions, contracts or similar services together with partners. For more information, please provide your personal data or see the description of the offer below. If our service providers or partners are located in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
(1) You have the following rights towards us regarding your personal data:
a) Right to obtain information
You have the right to request confirmation as to whether the data concerned are being processed and to request information about these data as well as further information and a copy of the data in accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO.
b) Right to rectification
According to Art. 16 DSGVO, you have the right to request the completion of data concerning you or the correction of inaccurate data concerning you.
c) Right to delete or limit the processing of data
In accordance with Art. 17 DSGVO, you have the right to demand that relevant data be deleted immediately or, alternatively, to demand a restriction on the processing of the data in accordance with Art. 18 DSGVO.
d) Right to data portability
You have the right to request that the data concerning you that you have provided to us be received in accordance with Art. 20 DSGVO and to request their transmission to other persons responsible.
(2) Furthermore, you have the right to complain to the responsible data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us. To us, this is the Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information in North-Rhine Westphalia (ldi), P.O. Box 20 04 44, 40102 Düsseldorf, https://www.ldi.nrw.de/
A list of the data protection officer as well as their contact data can be taken from the following link:
Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you may revoke this at any time acc. to Art. 7 (3) DSGVO. If you exercise this right, this will affect our ability to process your personal data after you have already given it to us.
(2) Insofar as we base the processing of your personal data on the balance of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case if processing is not necessary in particular to fulfil a contract with you, which is described by us in the description of the functions. When exercising such objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the event of your justified revocation, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust data processing or point out to you our compelling reasons worthy of protection, on the basis of which we will continue processing.
Of course, you may object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. You can inform us about your advertising contradiction under the following contact data: Mohn GmbH, Am Stadion 4, 58540 Meinerzhagen, Germany, Tel.: + 49 2354-9445-0, Fax: + 49 2354-9445-299, E-Mail: email@example.com
Deletion of data
The data processed by us will be deleted or their processing restricted in accordance with Articles 17 and 18 DSGVO. Unless expressly stated in this Privacy Statement, the data stored by us will be erased as soon as it are no longer required for its intended purpose and the erasure does not conflict with any statutory retention obligations. If the data is not erased because it is necessary for other and legally permissible purposes, the processing of the data will be restricted. This means that the data is blocked and not processed for other purposes. This applies, for example, to data that must be retained for commercial or tax reasons. In accordance with legal requirements in Germany, the data is stored for 6 years in accordance with § 257 (1) HGB (German Commercial Code) (e.g. trading books, inventories, opening balances, annual financial statements, commercial letters, accounting vouchers, etc.) and for 10 years in accordance with § 147 (1) AO (Taxation Regulation) (e.g. accounts, records, status reports, accounting vouchers, commercial and business letters, tax-relevant documents, etc.).
Transfer of personal data to third countries
If we process data in a third-party country (i.e. outside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA)) or if this occurs in the context of the use of third-party services or disclosure or transfer of data to third parties, this only takes place if it occurs for the fulfilment of our (pre)contractual obligations, on the basis of your consent, on the basis of a legal obligation, or on the basis of our legitimate interests. Subject to legal or contractual permissions, we only process the data in a third country or have the data processed in a third country if the particular requirements of Art. 44 ff. of the DSGVO are met. This means, for example, processing is carried out on the basis of special guarantees, such as the officially recognised determination of a data protection level corresponding to the EU (e.g. for the USA by the "Privacy Shield") or compliance with officially recognised special contractual obligations (called "standard contractual clauses").
Data collection on our website (log files)
(1) If you use the website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which are technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 para 1 sentence 1 lit f DSGVO):
a) IP address,
b) Date and time of the inquiry,
c) Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT),
d) Content of the request (specific page),
e) Request status/HTTP status code,
f) The amount of data transmitted,
g) The website making the request,
i) Operating system and device,
j) Language and version of your browser software.
(2) The data is also stored in the log files of our system. This data is not stored together with other personal user data. The legal basis for the temporary storage of data and log files is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. The data is stored in log files to ensure the website's functionality. The data is also used to optimise the website and to ensure the security of our information technology systems. No evaluation of the data for marketing purposes is undertaken in this context. The anonymous data of the server log files is stored separately from all personal data provided by a data subject.
(3) The data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. In the case of data collection for provision of the website, this will be undertaken once the respective session has ended. Collection of data for provision of the website and storage of data in log files is absolutely necessary for website operation. Consequently, there is no option to object on the part of the user.
This website uses a so-called SSL or TSL encryption to protect the transmission of confidential contents (e.g. contact inquiries, quotations requests etc.) which you send to us. You can recognize this from the padlock symbol in your browser line. At the same time, the address line changes from “http://” to https://. This means that third parties cannot read this data.
Data protection for applications
Provided that you send us an application via our website, we will use this data exclusively for the purpose of handling the application procedure. Processing can also take place by electronic means if your send us corresponding application documents electronically, such as, for example, by email or via a web form on the website. Provided that we conclude an employment contract with you due to this application, the data transmitted by you will be stored for the purpose of processing the employment relationship in compliance with the statutory provisions. If we do not conclude an employment contract with you, however, your application documents will be deleted automatically six months after notification of the application rejection.
(2) As temporary cookies, or "session cookies" or "transient cookies", are cookies referred to that are deleted after a user leaves an online offer and closes his/her browser. For example, the content of a shopping cart in an online shop or a login Status can be stored in a cookie of this nature. Cookies are referred to as "permanent" or "persistent" if they remain saved even after the browser is closed. For example, the login status can be saved if users visit it after several days have passed.
(3) You can also deactivate the setting of cookies by our website at any time by means of an appropriate setting of the internet browser used and thus permanently object to the setting of cookies. Furthermore, cookies that have already been set can be deleted at any time using an Internet browser or other software programs. This can also take place automatically. This is possible in all common internet browsers. Disabling cookies may limit the functionality of this website.
(1) With your consent you can subscribe to our newsletter, through which we inform you about our current interesting offers. The goods and services to be advertised will be named in the consent form. The personal data transmitted to the responsible person for processing when the newsletter is ordered results from the input form used for this purpose.
(2) To register for our newsletter, we use for legal reasons what is called the double opt-in method. This means that after your registration we will send you an e-mail to the specified e-mail address in which we ask you to confirm that you would like the newsletter to be sent. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we store your IP addresses and the time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to be able to prove your registration and, if necessary, to clarify a possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) The only required information for sending the newsletter is your email address. The specification of additional, separately marked personal data is voluntary and will be used in order to address you personally, to be able to assign to you a personal contact from within our company and, if you specify your industry, to send you industry-specific product information and offers. After your confirmation we will save your email address and the additional voluntary information for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a DSGVO.
(4) You can revoke your consent for the newsletter at any time and thus unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can declare your revocation by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter email, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by sending us a corresponding message to the contact data stated in the imprint.
(5) We point out that we will carry out performance measurement when sending the newsletter. For this performance measurement, the e-mails sent contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, which represent one-pixel image files that are stored on our website. For evaluation purposes, we link the above data (stated in para. 3) and web beacons to your e-mail address and an individual ID. Links included in the newsletter also contain this ID.
(6) With the data obtained in this way, we create a user profile to tailor the newsletter to your individual interests. This means we can record when you read our newsletter, which links you click on in it, and keep track of your personal interests. We link these data with how you use our website.
You can object to this performance measurement at any time by clicking on the separate link “Change profile”, which is provided in ever newsletter email, and changing your user profile accordingly, that is deselecting the profiling. Or you inform us about the revocation by using an other way of contact. The information is stored for as long as you have subscribed to the newsletter. After cancellation we store the data purely statistically and anonymously. Such tracking is also not possible if you have deactivated the display of images in your e-mail program by default. In this case the newsletter will not be displayed completely and you may not be able to use all functions. If you display the images manually, the above-mentioned tracking will occur.
Use of our contact form / online quotation request
There is a contact form on our website that can be used for electronic contact. For product inquiries, you can also contact us using an quotation request form. If a user accepts one of these options, the data entered in the input screen will be transmitted to us and stored. This data includes: Company, title, first name and surname, street and house number, zip code, place, country, telephone and email. The indication of further, separately marked data is voluntary and is used to be able to send you targeted, industry-specific information, for example. The following data are also stored at the time the message is sent: IP address of the user, date and time of the registration.
During the sending process, your consent is obtained for processing data and reference is made to this data protection declaration. Alternatively, you can contact us via the provided email address. In this case the personal data of the user which are transferred with the email will be stored. For the time being, this data will not be disclosed to third parties in this context. The data is used exclusively for processing the conversation. The legal basis for the processing of data is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO if the user has given his consent. The legal basis for processing the data transferred in the course of sending an email is Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. f DSGVO. If the e-mail contact aims at the conclusion of a contract, then additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 exp. 1 lit. b DSGVO. We only use personal data provided on contact forms to make the requested contact. In the event of contact by e-mail, this also constitutes the necessary legitimate interest in processing the data. The other personal data processed during the sending process help prevent misuse of the contact form or the quotation request form and to ensure the security of our information technology systems. The data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. For the personal data from the contact form input screen or the quotation request form and the data that was sent by e-mail, this is the case when the respective conversation with the user has been completed. The conversation will have ended when it is evident from the circumstances that the matter at hand has been conclusively resolved. Personal data that was additionally collected during the sending procedure will be deleted at the latest after a period of seven days. The user has the option of revoking his or her consent to the processing of personal data at any time. A user who has contacted us by email can object at any time to the storage of his or her personal data. It will not be possible to continue the conversation in this case. All personal data stored in the course of contacting us will be deleted as a result.
Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA ("Google"). Web analysis is surveying, collecting and analysing data about the behaviour of visitors to websites. Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files which are stored on your computer and which allow an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the US and stored there. However, because IP anonymization is activated on this website, Google will store your IP address in shortened form if you are accessing this site from within the European Union or the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases, the full IP address will be passed on to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has become subject to the Privacy Shield agreement, thereby offering a guarantee of compliance with European data protection law (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active). The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 para 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO.
Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services regarding website activity and internet usage for the website operator. We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. Using the statistics gained, we can regularly improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics is not conflated with other Google data.
(3) You can prevent cookies from being stored by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser; however, we wish to point out that by doing so, you may not be able to enjoy the full functionality of this website. You can also prevent the data generated by the cookie for the use of the website (including your IP address) from being sent to and processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de
Additionally, or alternatively to the browser add-on, you can prevent the tracking by Google Analytics on our pages by clicking this link . This will save an opt-out cookie onto your device. This will prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics for this website and for this browser for as long as the cookie remains installed in your browser.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". As a result, IP addresses are only processed further in abbreviated form to prevent them being directly linked to a particular individual.
Use and application of Google Ads
(1) We use the offer of Google Ads to draw attention to our attractive offers with the help of advertising materials (once so-called Google AdWords) on external websites. We can determine how successful the individual advertising measures are in relation to the data from the advertising campaigns. We are interested in showing you advertisements which are of interest to you, in order to make our website more interesting for you and achieving a fair calculation of advertising costs. Google Ads allows an advertiser to pre-define certain keywords to display an ad in Google's search engine results only when the user uses the search engine to retrieve a keyword-relevant search result. The operating company for the services of Google Ads is Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA. The purpose of Google Ads is to advertise our website by displaying interest-relevant advertising on the websites of third parties and in the search engine results of the Google search engine and by displaying third-party advertising on our website.
(2) This advertising media is delivered by Google via "Ad Servers". For this purpose, we use ad server cookies, through which certain parameters for measuring success can be measured, such as the display of advertisements or of clicks by users. If you access our website via a Google ad, Google Ads will store a conversation cookie on your device. These conversation cookies usually expire after 30 days and are not used with the intention of personally identifying you. The unique cookie ID, number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) and opt-out information (a mark that the user no longer wishes to be addressed) are usually stored as analysis values for this cookie.
(3) These cookies enable Google to recognise your Internet browser. If a user visits certain pages of an AdWords customer's website and the cookie stored on their computer has not expired, both Google and the customer are able to recognise that the user has clicked on the ad and has been redirected to this page. Every AdWords customer is assigned a different cookie. This means that cookies cannot be tracked via the website of an Ads customer. We do not collect or process any personal data ourselves in the aforementioned advertising measures. We only receive statistical evaluations from Google. We are able to recognise which of the advertising measures are particularly effective on the basis of these evaluations. We do not receive any further data from the use of advertising material; in particular, we cannot identify users on the basis of this information.
(4) Due to the marketing tools used, your browser is automatically able to establish a direct connection to the Google server. We therefore have no influence on the scope and further use of the data collected by Google by using this tool and therefore hereby notify you of the following, which represents the best of our knowledge: By integrating Ads, Google obtains information that you have called up the corresponding part of our website appearance or clicked on an ad of us. If you are registered with a Google service, Google may associate your visit to our website with your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, it is possible that the provider may obtain and store your IP address.
(5) Whenever you visit our website, this personal data, including the IP address of the Internet connection used by the data subject, is therefore transmitted to Google in the United States of America and stored there. Google is certified under the Privacy Shield agreement, thereby offering a guarantee of compliance with European data protection law (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active).
(6) You can also prevent the setting of cookies by our website at any time by in various ways: a) by setting your browser software accordingly, in particular by suppressing third-party cookies so that you will not receive ads from third-party providers; b) by deactivating cookies for conversion tracking, by setting your browser to block cookies from the domain "www.googleadservices.com", https://www.google.de/settings/ads, this setting being deleted when you delete your cookies; c) by deactivating the interest-based ads of the providers that are part of the "About Ads" self-regulation campaign via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, this setting being deleted when you delete your cookies; d) by permanently deactivating Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome in your browsers under the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Please note that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this offer in full.
(7) The legal basis for processing your data is Art. 6 para 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO. Further information on data protection at Google can be found here: http://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy and https://services.google.com/sitestats/de.html. Alternatively, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Google has submitted to the EU-US privacy shield, (https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework).
Integration of Google Maps
(1) We use Google Maps functions on our website. This allows us to display interactive maps directly on the website and enables your convenient use of the map function. Based on our legitimate interests (i.e. interest in the analysis, optimisation and economic operation of our online offer within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO), we use content and service offerings of Google Maps within our website in order to integrated their contents and services.
(2) When you visit our website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. This takes place regardless of whether Google makes available a user account via which you are logged in or no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated to your Google profile, you must first log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or requirements-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation takes place (even for users who are not logged in) in particular for the purposes of providing customised advertising and to inform other social network users about activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact Google to exercise this right.
Use of script libraries (Google Web Fonts)
In order to display our contents correctly and in a graphically appealing manner across all browsers, we use script libraries and font libraries such as Google Web Fonts on this website
(https://www.google.com/webfonts/). Google Web Fonts are loaded into your browser's cache to avoid multiple loading. If your browser does not support Google Web Fonts or does not allow access, content will be displayed in a default font.
Accessing script libraries or font libraries automatically triggers a connection to the library operator. In theory, it is possible - but currently also unclear whether and, if so, for what purposes - that operators of corresponding libraries collect data.
You can find the Privacy Statement of the library operator Google here:
Embedded YouTube videos
On some of our websites we embed YouTube videos. The operator of those plugins is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. As soon as you visit a page with a YouTube plugin, a connection to YouTube servers will be established. This will inform YouTube which pages you are visiting. If you are logged in to your YouTube account, you will make it possible for YouTube to assign your surfing behaviour directly to your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account beforehand.
If you have deactivated the storage of cookies for the Google Ad program, you do not have to reckon with such cookies when viewing YouTube videos. YouTube also stores non-personal usage information in other cookies. If you wish to prevent this, you must block cookies from being saved in your browser.
Further information on data protection at “YouTube" can be found in the provider's data protection declaration via: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/
Mohn GmbH, 2018